Successful organisations under Round 90 within the Toowoomba North Electorate are:
• Waterski Queensland Inc. Southern Region – $16,200 – to purchase equipment
• South West Queensland Thunder Football Club Limited – $31,818.18 – to install oval lighting
• Willowburn Football Club Inc. – $16,990 – to purchase soccer goals
• Highfields District Kindergarten Association Inc. – $5,064.55 – to upgrade flooring and purchase refrigerator
• Base Services Inc. – $31,782.06 – to purchase catering equipment
• Multicap Social Support Toowoomba – $1,260.18 – to purchase uniforms
Hardworking community organisations in the Toowoomba North Electorate are set for a New Year funding treat as they receive their share of funding in the latest round of State Government Community Grants.
This welcome funding boost is delivered four times a year to hundreds of charities and not-for profit groups throughout Queensland through the Gambling Community Benefit Fund to ensure they can continue their invaluable work within their community.
Member for Toowoomba North, Trevor Watts said the grants were a financial injection many groups could not afford to miss out on and allowed dedicated volunteers to focus on continuing their good work or providing better facilities and equipment.
Mr Watts said the quarterly grants allowed profits from gambling to be invested back into grassroots services and facilities that benefited people from all walks of life in the Toowoomba North community.
“You can’t put a price on what these grants mean for the people involved, the communities they serve and the difference it will make to the lives of everyday people,” he said.
For more information on the grants, please visit www.olgr.qld.gov.au and click on ‘Gambling Community Benefit Fund’.