Thursday, 17th September 2020
LNP Leader Deb Frecklington said she’s bitterly disappointed for the diehard Queensland footy fans who’ll miss out on the Gabba Grand Final because all of the tickets will be snapped up by members, corporates and VIPs.
“Not one ticket will be offered first to the general public but instead Queenslanders will only get the scraps of the unsold tickets,” Ms Frecklington said.
“Even though Queensland taxpayers are forking out millions of dollars to host the event, most won’t be able to attend.
“This is another example of one rule for the rich and one rule for everyone else under the Palaszczuk Labor Government.
“I, like so many other Queenslanders love my AFL and the mighty Brisbane Lions and I feel for those families who’ll miss out because they’re not a VIP.
“If I were Premier, I would have secured a deal with the AFL to set aside tickets for the general public, because everyday Queenslanders have sacrificed so much this year and deserve a chance to witness this blockbuster event.
“This may be the one and only time Brisbane gets to host the grand final and for Queenslanders to miss out on tickets, despite paying for the right to host the event is a slap in the face to local footy fans.
“Annastacia Palaszczuk needs to reveal how much taxpayers paid to host an event that most Queenslanders won’t be able to attend.”
- 54% of tickets have been allocated to members of the clubs in the final
- 15% of tickets have been allocated to AFL members and final series ticket holders
- 16% of tickets have been allocated premium hospitality packages
- 15% of tickets have been allocated to AFL stakeholders, corporate and broadcast partner
- 0% of tickets have been allocated to Queensland taxpayers.