LABOR’S ELECTRICITY CON LAID BARE FOR ALL QUEENSLANDERS TO SEE
- ACCC hands down scathing report into Labor’s failed power policies that have resulted in record electricity prices for all Queensland families, businesses and industries
- Labor’s network gold-plating, extreme green schemes, price gouging, secret electricity taxes and union-friendly pay deals have driven up electricity prices to record highs
- ACCC report confirms that Queenslanders are paying through the nose for green schemes, more than any state, yet we have the lowest amount of renewable energy
- No amount of Labor spin or lies can gloss over the cold, hard fact that Queenslanders are being ripped off blind through their electricity bills under Annastacia Palaszczuk
- If Annastacia Palaszczuk is so confident her so-called electricity plan is working then she should call an election immediately and let Queenslanders decide if they can afford another three years of Labor
The ACCC confirmed today what Queenslanders have always known – Annastacia Palaszczuk’s failed power policies have driven up prices and resulted in them paying for some of the most expensive electricity prices in the nation.
LNP Leader Tim Nicholls said the ACCC report* made for sober reading and laid bare Annastacia Palaszczuk’s complete and utter failure when it came to electricity prices.
“The cat is well and truly out of the bag now. No amount of Labor spin or lies can gloss over the cold, hard fact that Queenslanders are being ripped off blind by through their electricity bills,” Mr Nicholls said.
“The ACCC report is simply scathing.
“It is a tale of two Annas – Bligh who gold-plated the network and Palaszczuk who has gone even further with her extreme green schemes, her secret power tax and union-friendly pay deal for electricity workers, all of which have resulted in record high electricity prices.”
Mr Nicholls said all Annastacia Palaszczuk had done for Queenslanders was deliver them record high electricity prices.
“Annastacia Palaszczuk doesn’t have a power plan, all she has is a power sham,” he said.
“Labor have used a lot of lies and smear about electricity, especially from their resident Twitter troll Mark Bailey, to cover up that they have absolutely no idea.
“South Australia can’t even keep the lights on and according to the independent ACCC report, their power is cheaper than ours – that is how bad it is.
“I am urging Queenslanders to take their power bills to the ballot box and vote this incompetent mob out.”
Mr Nicholls said the ACCC report also confirmed that Queenslanders were paying more for green schemes than other states yet we had the lowest amount of renewable energy.
“Queenslanders would be shocked to learn they are paying for Labor’s ideologically-driven green schemes put in place to win inner-city votes whether they like it or not,” he said.
“Annastacia Palaszczuk and Labor have put ideology and idiocy first rather than reliability and affordability and Queensland families and businesses are paying for it.
“All of Labor’s policies are increasing electricity prices, whether it’s the 3 per cent wage increase for electricity workers – more than teachers, nurses and ambulance officers – the headlong rush to a 50 per cent renewable energy target, or allowing energy executives to rip-off Queenslanders.”
Mr Nicholls said it was time for Annastacia Palaszczuk to come clean with Queenslanders and put her so-called record to the vote.
“If Annastacia Palaszczuk is so confident her so-called electricity plan is working then she should call an election and let Queenslanders decide,” he said.
“If she is so confident that her power plans have driven down electricity prices for families, businesses and industry, call an election and let the people decide.
“If she is so confident her extreme green schemes are popular in places like North and Central Queensland as she constantly claims, call an election and let voters decide.
“Anything less from her just shows how utterly incompetent she has become – why is she running scared?”