The Palaszczuk Government cannot be trusted to fix Queensland’s housing crisis.
The track record of this 3rd term Labor Government speaks for itself.
These are the facts:
- The Palaszczuk Government’s own figures show there are more than 50,000 Queenslanders waiting for social housing.
- Queensland spends the least on social housing compared to any other state or territory.
- More than 1 in 5 homes the Palaszczuk Government promised to deliver in 2017 haven’t been built.
- The Auditor-General uncovered the social housing the Palaszczuk Government promised to build won’t meet the surging demand.
- The Palaszczuk Government has no forecasts or targets for how much social housing stock is needed in Queensland.
- As property prices soared, the Palaszczuk Government chose greed over Queenslanders and sold off 295 homes and 67 empty blocks of land in the 18 months to June this year.
- It will take the Palaszczuk Government 25 years to deliver the promised $1 billion social housing fund with only $40 million budgeted to house the most vulnerable Queenslanders.
- The Palaszczuk Government’s failure to unlock new land has seen residential building approvals fall 27% year on year from 2015 to 2021.
Demand for social housing has never been as high as it is now, but the Minister continues to fail the most vulnerable Queenslanders who desperately need a roof over their head.
The facts speak for themselves.
The Palaszczuk Government cannot be trusted to deliver for Queenslanders.
Queenslanders deserve so much better than this.