Successful organisations’ under Round 95 within the Toowoomba North Electorate are:
- Highfields and District Junior Rugby League Club Inc – $35,000.00
- Highfields State Secondary College Parents and Citizens’ Association – $34,990.00
- Sunrise Way Rehabilitation Limited – $19,500.00
- Toowoomba Shelter – RSPCA Queensland – $35,000.00
- Bunya Park Scout Group – The Scout Association of Australia Queensland Branch Inc – $23,845.87
- Wirraglen Scout Training Facility – The Scout Association of Australia Queensland Branch Inc – $35,000.00
- Toowoomba and Districts Bromeliad Society Inc – $7,899.99
- Toowoomba Cricket Inc – $30,440.00
- St Mary’s Indoor Bowls – $3,200.00
- Toowoomba Road Runners Inc – $4,800.64
- Toowoomba Weightlifting Association Inc – $7,126.90
Hardworking community organisations in the Toowoomba North Electorate are set for a funding boost as they receive their share of funding in the latest round of the Gambling Community Benefit Fund Round 95 grant program.
This welcome funding boost is delivered four times a year to hundreds of charities and not-for-profit groups throughout Queensland through the Gambling Community Benefit Fund to ensure they can continue their invaluable work within their community.
Member for Toowoomba North, Trevor Watts said the grants were a financial injection many groups could not afford to miss out on and allowed dedicated volunteers to focus on continuing their good work or providing better facilities and equipment.
Mr. Watts said the quarterly grants allowed profits from gambling to be invested back into grassroots services and facilities that benefited people from all walks of life in the Toowoomba North community.
“You can’t put a price on what these grants mean for the people involved, the communities they serve and the difference it will make to the lives of everyday people,” he said.
For more information on the grants, please visit www.olgr.qld.gov.au and click on ‘Grants’